One person taken to hospital after vendor trailer fire at Taste of Edmonton

Article content

One person at the Taste of Edmonton festival was taken to hospital after the Snickerdoodle’s trailer went up in flames on Thursday evening.

Edmonton Fire Rescue Services (EFRS) received multiple calls about the fire at 100 Street and 102A Avenue, with the first received at 4:43 p.m. Four fire crews controlled the fire by 4:57 p.m. and had it completely extinguished by 5:14 p.m.

EMS assessed one person for burns on scene before transporting them to hospital.

A mechanical part failure in a standard cooking appliance was the cause of the accidental fire, EFRS said in a news release. The fire caused an estimated total damage amount of $75,000 — $65,000 to the trailer and $10,000 to its contents.

Latest articles

Related articles