10. The Islanders lost John Tavares and haven’t skipped a beat.
9. At least the Dallas Stars also lost Jamie Oleksiak to Seattle.
8. Hey, Tyson Barrie still loves Edmonton.
7. Alex Edler, Jani Hakanpaa, Travis Hamonic, Mark Pysyk, David Savard are all free agents and defensive d-men, right?
6. At least it wasn’t Chris Pronger asking for a trade today.
5. Plenty of ice time and opportunity for Evan Bouchard, Ethan Bear and Dmitri Samorukov.
4. At least the Calgary Flames also lost Mark Giordano to Seattle.
3. It’s about time for Larsson’s wonky back to start acting up again, right?
2. Hey, Mike Smith still loves Edmonton.
1. At least it wasn’t Wayne Gretzky sold out of town today.